January 1990 - June 1998
Launched entrepreneurial venture providing outsourced MIS services to medium sized corporations and small businesses. Projects and services encompassed custom software development/programming (using Assembler and BASIC); software selection and installation (custom and third party); network design and installation (LANtastic and Novell); troubleshooting support; and vendor management. Identified business and project requirements; planned and scheduled projects; managed project budgets and allocated resources; and maintained project documentation and communication to relevant client departments.
Notable Project Successes:
- Designed, built and executed system to track equipment and film on loan to students/faculty for the Media Center of Montclair University.
- Conceived, built and implemented system to control manufacturing carousel for LeSportsac. System tracked contents of bin; responded to request for work at a station; spun carousel to correct bin; checked out work; checked work back in and assigned to new bin.
- Championed communications protocol for satellite tracking system for Sony. Protocol was necessary to pass information within a truck and trailer to a transponder that was sent via satellite to dispatcher.
- Developed, built and installed Pizza Restaurant System for a local pizzeria. Created system that allowed wait staff to input order and print receipt for counter and phone orders.
- Pioneered, built and implemented mail-order order process system for Grapevine, Inc. Installed network and Platinum Accounting System.