July 2006 - December 2009
Provide leadership to a team of up to 10 individuals, reporting directly to the Director of Information Technology. Interact and update the Director of Administration (member of the Executive Committee and the Director of IT’s manager) on select assignments. Oversee and manage project budgets of $2.25 million Prepare and present budgets, schedule, status and recommendations to upper management.
Review status of assigned tasks, resolve issues, and engage stakeholders and work with vendors on a daily basis. Initiate and develop process improvement solutions. Play an active role in RFP development by procuring ECM software, identifying integration vendors, and rewriting the technical sections of proposals among other tactics.
- Built the Electronic Content Management System from the ground up and managed the implementation as the Project Manager for the Team including vendor management.
- Created requirements document for Content Management System
- Planed and managed User Acceptance Testing of Content Management System (included business representation from all programs and all locations, approximately 200 staff-members)
- Drove the mission-critical Air Check Remodeling Project, which included replacing the existing front-end Oracle 10g Forms and Reports with JAVA and Crystal Reports.
- Ensured continuous operations, while leading activities for a key database conversion project and delivered the lab catalog enhancement for the Water Quality Monitoring Program without any incident.
- Rolled out the Internet Rehosting project, while reducing the number of technologies used by the Internet applets; guided team in re-writing 8 applets to JAVA and collaborated closely with stakeholders.
- Established numerous processes in regards to agile development, requirements and release management and quality.
- ·Created agency IT Strategic Plan, which was adopted by Agency leadership and resulted in the agency adopting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Key Project Highlights – Enterprise Content Management Project:
- Implemented FileNet P8 version 4.0, Content, Business Process, Records Manager, and E-Mail Manager.
- Converted decentralized Kofax scanning architecture to a federated enterprise architecture; integrated Kofax with FileNet
- Implemented Bugzilla for defect tracking; created agency-wide defect monitoring process, which was initially used on ECM project
- Worked with vendor to design agency-wide UAT effort, included training of agency staff, working with staff to develop test scenarios, monitoring test progress, and tracking and resolving defects
- Developed Agency Taxonomy
- Integrated system with Agency’s legacy Oracle transactional database
- Architected and designed custom user interface using .NET front-end with JAVA web services
- Implemented role-based security based on document index values utilizing Active Directory
- Converted one-million documents from the existing KeyFile system
- Created Agency governance
- Delivered on-time and under-budget (saving $70,000)
- Recipient of the 2008 Commonwealth of Virginia Governor’s Technology Award for IT as an Efficiency Driver
- COTS – IBM FileNet, WebSphere Application Server
Key Project Highlights – Employee Directory Project:
- Selected to take the reins on the Employee Directory Project, which was already in progress.
- Revamped HR processes to ensure accuracy of data maintenance and directed the data clean-up effort.
- Headed the creation of the Internet Applet to display information from Active Directory and Oracle HR.
- Managed testing of internet applet, data conversion, and HR process improvement