June 1999 – April 2001
- Partnered with the SQA department to bring the Nuclear Software Quality Assurance program into full compliance.
- Created requirements document and system architecture for the touch-screen control panel of the nuclear-safety system
- Avoided potential punitive action by GE (intending to cancel the contract as a result flaws in development) and saved a $20 million contract in the process; identified gaps and created a new development process that gained GE’s approval and met contractual terms.
- Reduced documentation efforts by 50% by using tools that facilitated updates to design documents.
- Oversaw effort by vendor to design a process to extract information from VISIO diagrams to be used as schematics in the control panel and submitted for patent; managed the vendor relationship to ensure that the project was delivered in a timely fashion and within budget constraints.